Let’s Cook Maggi Rice


Mummy Bhookh Lagi Hai.” Unluckily, I live away from home but “Mere Paas Maggi bhi Hai” . Maggi is a savior when hunger lurks. I still keep spare packets of Maggi because you never know when hunger bangs the wall of my tummy. I have made various innovations with Maggi in this short lifespan and thanks to the regular appreciation by my friends; I still keep trying new dishes with Maggi. Let me share with you an easy and filling dish, a must try if you haven’t yet.

I call it Maggi Rice!

Basic Ingredients:
1 packet of Maggi
A bowl of rice (I use leftover rice)
1 Tomato
1 Onion
1 Egg (Not compulsory)
Potato (Not Compulsory)

Plus creativity with whatever leftover you can scan inside your refrigerator.

Procedure:
You can turn on the music now :P.
As usual, boil Maggi, don’t add the masala. By the meantime chop onion, tomato, Green chilly (If you wish). Pause. Check the Maggi and drain away the water if cooked. Don’t overcook it, that’s something you need to remember. You can add few chopped cabbage leaves, or spinach- any leafy green at your disposal. If you want the potato; cut it into small shapes (rectangle, square, hexagon) it doesn’t matter. Boil the potato, because we want it quick you see. Now use some oil; any cooking oil will do. Let it heat in a cooking pan or “Karhai”. I prefer Karhai. Add the onion first; let it heat for a while then add tomato, after 2-3 minutes add the boiled potato and all the vegetables you chopped. Add salt to taste, a pinch of sugar (Oops! I just revealed my secret ingredient), once all the vegetable is almost cooked add rice and start. Don’t let it stick; keep stirring with occasional moves with the music. Add some turmeric, little soya sauce if you want now add Maggi and masala. Mix everything thoroughly and add some salt if needed, break the egg over the stuff being cooked and stir again. Well Maggi rice is ready.
Now “Toot paro!”

0 comments